Sunday, November 6, 2011

Trickery


Trickery

Everything falls apart, 
And it was built to be so,
Yet the spirit can never be destroyed,
Tricked maybe, for that is the course of the day,
But we breed like rats,
So I’m guessing that you can’t trick us all,
And though you hope and pray,
We won’t all go to jail,
So your system of perfection is for always in jeopardy.
Capitalism of all things…
Though I do admit, y’all sure did take the ball and run with it,
Yet I can’t see you making it to the fifty, 
And watch out for that red zone defense if you do,
For its quite the bitch.
You need heart for the title,
Greed alone won’t do it.
We have the heart to stop you,
And we’re chameleons.
You can’t see me yet I’ve known you before you were born,
And I know you are older to the flesh,
And I know that you think you know…
But the truth never seeped in to your bones,
Causing your heart to be one of stone,
And stones can be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment