Saturday, November 5, 2011

Swam Like Hell


Swam Like Hell

Something I can never have is always,
It seems, all that I ever want.
This is not a remediable situation,
This is the ideal that is I,
Not necessarily my fault,
Yet I did swim like hell for that egg,
So ready to be alive and manifested into
This physicality I was.
And here I sit;
A handful of scores of days and months and minutes later,
Itchy and unshaven,
Suffering the winning end
(for now)
of a battle between an annoying sickness
and my fragile vessel.
Silence is my friend but I rarely see her,
And when she is around I tend to get quite lonely,
So I let the noise back in to find comfort among the insanity.
You see, I can’t settle, 
I know that if I do settle,
Then I give a silent nod of approval
To the system of greed that incorporates all of your lives.
Sure, I know that it is easier,
Yet I have little vigor or respect for that which is easy.
There is no easiness in the truth,
Only that which is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment