Saturday, November 5, 2011

Floating along a Corridor


Floating along a Corridor

I had a dream last night about love.
I was floating down a long corridor,
Continually mocked and forsaken by a long list of souls I had yet to run across.
Somewhere between listlessness and honour,
A plague of reformed ideas grew bangingly from within,
And around,
The glowing orbs of my minds’ bountiful eye.
“hmm…” I thought with a not so curious amount of disdain.
Before I could respond to my own, 
Corrupted thought, she was gone;
Wind from beneath wings of fallen angels.
Fallen idols laughed and beckoned, 
Beckoned for me to continue on, without love, with understanding as my pivotal tool.
“fuck it” I said biting the inside of my mouth,
causing blood and awkward pain, 
causing a blackening of physical traits and reason.
“fuck it” echoed my minds’ eye.
And so the plan was carried out with the sluggishness of a fool out of love,
Entwined in the bitterness of an ignorant,
Lonely world.
Fuck it.
7/2002

No comments:

Post a Comment