Friday, November 4, 2011

Bony Little Shoulders


Bony Little Shoulders

A wink for the masses,
Carry on in your childish ways
Of misgiving and greed;
I’ll carry the weight.
My shoulders are bony and narrow, yet quite prepared to accept the load.
I’ll laugh, lament, and cry for us all,
I’ll adapt and overcome until my emotions are raw,
And then I’ll just chill, 
Stranded in this slowed down and condensed vibration of energy we call matter,
Because it does matter to care, to be ever aware,
To stare delicately into the situation,
To know all the world, and most of the deprivation.
I am oh so alone, seems only God can see me,
Yet He’s quiet like me, and I assume quite busy.
So it reverts back to me, flashing winks to the masses,
As they wait there in line like the mediocre classes,
Trading their lives, for a handful of dimes,
Floating blindly through space like breeze and wind chimes,
And I doubt they’d even know,
Even if the truth at them were hurled,
Yet they’ll always have my shoulders, for their weight, and the worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment