Monday, February 27, 2012

Thank God

Thank God

Hey God, I know why you’re doing this 
To me, because I asked for it, I begged
To be here, but I think I was mistaken,
I don’t think that I can help these people,
And it’s all very simple as to why.  They 
All think they have it all figured out,
Each individual all caught up in their 
Own selfish, so called independent little worlds.
They’ve all lost sight of truth and love, God.
I don’t necessarily blame them though, 
They’ve been horribly conditioned
To believe this cluster-fuck of madness
Is the way it is supposed to be, but God,
I’m going crazy.
It seems my effect upon this species is 
Like shooting a water gun at the moon.
Very few care, and even fewer listen,
Because they have it all figured out.
Can’t you somehow give them some sign,
Some clue as to let them know that
You don’t even have it all figured out?
It’s so hard to believe the evil has 
Consumed them all so completely.  Greed
Has this species by the throat, and it 
Makes me wonder if they ever deserved
Conscience-ness to begin with, but that was
Your call, and I am glad for that call, because
There really is so much beauty…
The Greed is just so strong and resistant to the
Truth, and I don’t know what else to do.
I know I am failing you and for that I apologize,
But I’m not finished quite yet, and you
Know I’ll fight to my death, it’s just
Seeming a bit impossible to me right now…
The hate is just too overwhelming,
The Greed too thick, their eyes too blind…
I’m sorry God, I’m sure you are tired of the
Whining and bitching…
Rest assured there’s
At least one good soul left willing to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment